Pear Tarte Tatin With Cardamom
|Butter||2 Ounce, softened (50 Gram, 1/4 Cup)|
|Superfine caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram, 1/4 Cup)|
|Green cardamom pods||10 (Use The Cardamom Seeds)|
|Puff pastry||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Ripe olives||3 Large (Round Olives)|
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/ Gas 7. Spread the butter over the base of a 18cm/7in heavy ovenproof omelette pan. Sprinkle with the sugar, then sprinkle the cardamom seeds over.
2. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry to a circle slightly larger than the pan. Prick the pastry all over with a fork, place on a baking sheet and chill.
3. Peel the pears, cut in half lengthways and remove the cores. Arrange the pears, rounded side down, in the pan. Heat until the sugar melts and begins to bubble with the juice from the pears.
4. Once the sugar has caramelized remove the pan from the heat. Place the pastry on top, tucking in the edges with a knife. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Leave the tart in the pan for about 2 minutes until the juices have stopped bubbling. Invert a serving plate over the pan then, wearing oven gloves to protect your hands, hold the pan and plate together and quickly turn over, gently shaking it to release the tart. It may be necessary to slide a spatula underneath the pears to loosen them. Serve the tart warm, with cream.