Tiny Tim Pecan Tarts
|Piecrust mix||200 Gram (1 Package)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare piecrust mix, or make pastry from your favorite double-crust recipe. Roll out, half at a time, to a 14x10-inch rectangle, on lightly floured pastry cloth or board. Cut out 12 rounds with a 3-inch plain or scalloped cutter.
2. Fit each round into a tiny muffin-pan cup, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Repeat with remaining half of dough; reroll trimmings and cut out to make 36 shells in all.
3. Beat eggs slightly in a medium-size bowl; stir in sugar, salt, corn syrup and vanilla, then the flour. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into each shell.
4. Bake in moderate oven (375°) for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden and filling is set. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes, then remove carefully; cool completely.
5. Just before serving, beat cream until stiff in a small bowl. Spoon a dollop on top of each tart; decorate each tart with a pecan half.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3498 Calories from Fat 1009
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g176.9%
Saturated Fat 60.9 g304.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 963.3 mg321.1%
Sodium 2178.1 mg90.8%
Total Carbohydrates 595 g198.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.2%
Sugars 246.5 g
Protein 52 g104.1%
Vitamin A 85.3% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 147.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet