How to Make a Tart Shell
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Iced water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For dusting and greasing|
1. Refrigerate vegetable shortening and butter for about 50 minutes.
2. In a food processor, place flour,salt and sugar, refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. To the food processor with flour mixture, add butter and vegetable shortening, pulse for about 10 times until crumbs are forms. Add iced water and process until dough is formed.
4. Transfer the dough to a floured board, form a disk, wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 375F.
6. Grease the foil strips with butter.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll the chilled dough.Place the rolled out dough on a tart dish. Cut off the excess on the sides and place it where you are lacking dough, until the whole dish is covered. Wrap the edges with buttered aluminium foil.
8. Add beans. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and the beans. Using a fork poke several holes and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Use this tart shell to make delicious tarts.
1/2 Cup Beans
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1908 Calories from Fat 960
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.9%
Saturated Fat 56.6 g283.1%
Trans Fat 3.9 g
Cholesterol 204.3 mg68.1%
Sodium 1955.7 mg81.5%
Total Carbohydrates 210 g70%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.4%
Sugars 45.6 g
Protein 23 g46.3%
Vitamin A 47.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.9% Iron 56.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet