Making a tart shell is easy and absolutely delicious! Here’s a step-by-step video on how to make one.
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
For dusting and greasing
1. Refrigerate vegetable shortening and butter for about 50 minutes.
2. In a food processor, place flour,salt and sugar, refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. To the food processor with flour mixture, add butter and vegetable shortening, pulse for about 10 times until crumbs are forms. Add iced water and process until dough is formed.
4. Transfer the dough to a floured board, form a disk, wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 375F.
6. Grease the foil strips with butter.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll the chilled dough.Place the rolled out dough on a tart dish. Cut off the excess on the sides and place it where you are lacking dough, until the whole dish is covered. Wrap the edges with buttered aluminium foil.
8. Add beans. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and the beans. Using a fork poke several holes and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Use this tart shell to make delicious tarts.
Fond of tarts but unhappy about the way your homemade tart shells turnout and don’t like readymade shells. Do not worry, try this recipe to make tart shells. This video brings to you a very simple and easy technique to make tart shells from an experienced chef who shares her secret too.