Shrimp Newburg Tartlets
|Piecrust mix||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Tiny cocktail shrimp||12 Ounce, drained (4 Jars, 3 Ounce Each)|
|Canned tiny cocktail shrimp||12 Ounce, drained (4 Jars, 3 Ounce Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare piecrust mix, or make pastry from a favorite two-crust recipe.
2. Roll out, half at a time, 1/8 inch thick, on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board. Cut into rounds with a 2 1/2-inch cutter; fit each into a tiny muffin-pan cup, pressing firmly against bottom and side. Reroll trimmings to make 36 shells in all. Prick shells well with a fork.
3. Bake in hot oven (400°) 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove carefully from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
4. Set aside 36 shrimps; divide remainder among the shells. Set shells in a large, shallow pan.
5. Melt butter or margarine in a small saucepan; stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook, stirring, until bubbly. Stir in cream; continue stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles 3 minutes.
6. Beat egg yolk in a small bowl; beat in half of the hot sauce, then stir back into sauce in pan. Cook, stirring, 1 minute; stir in sherry. Spoon over shrimps in shells.
7. Bake in slow oven (300°) 15 minutes, or until hot. Garnish with reserved shrimps.