|Plain flour||10 Ounce (275g)|
|Butter/Margarine||5 Ounce (150g)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (to mix)|
|Prepared fruit||1 Pound, sliced or chopped (450g, Use rhubarb, apple or any other fruit in season)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (125g plus extra for dredging)|
1. Place the flour in a large bowl then rub in the butter or margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add sufficient cold water to make a firm dough.
2. Roll out half the pastry and use to line a season 10in/25cm ovenproof pie plate. Pile the fruit into the centre of the plate, sprinkling with sugar.
3. Roll out the remaining pastry to cover the tart. Damp the edges of the lower crust with water, cover the tart with the remaining pastry. Press the edges of the pastry together and crimp. Roll out any pastry trimmings and use to decorate the tart.
4. Cook on the low rack on Combination for 27-35 min, until the pastry is golden brown and crisp.
5. Sprinkle with caster sugar.