Spinach Ricotta Tart
|Pie crust mix||5 Ounce (1/2 Package)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce (2 Package)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Ricotta cheese||15 Ounce|
|Light cream/Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
1.Prepare pie crust mix, following label directions for one-crust pie. Line a 9 in. pie plate with pastry; flute edge, making a high rim to hold all the filling. Prick bottom and sides with fork to keep the pastry flat while baking. Fit a piece of wax paper in bottom; add a layer of rice or beans to weigh down.
2. Bake in a hot oven, 400 degrees, for 5 minutes.Remove paper and rice and let pastry brown about 6 to 8 minutes longer.
Remove to wire rack.
3. Cook spinach following package directions; drain in a large strainer. Squeeze out liquid by pressing spinach against the sides of the strainer with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
4. Saute' onion in butter until transparent; stir in spinach, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Ricotta cheese, cream, Parmesan cheese & eggs; mix thoroughly. Stir in spinach mixture.
6. Pour into baked pastry shell. Bake in a moderate oven (350°) for 50 minutes, or until custard is set and top is lightly browned. Garnish with parsley and cherry tomatoes, if you wish.