Gooseberry Cream Tart
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Gooseberries||500 Gram (1 lb)|
|Table cream||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
1. Sift the flour onto a cool work surface, make a well in the centre and put in the butter, sugar and egg yolks.
2. Using the fingertips of one hand, work these ingredients together, then draw in the flour and work to a paste. Knead lightly until smooth, wrap in a polythene bag and chill for about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile prepare the filling. Place the gooseberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a heavy-based pan, cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
4. Mix together the cream and eggs, then add the gooseberries and mix gently.
5. Turn the dough onto a floured surface, roll out and use to line a 23 cm (9 inch) fluted flan ring, placed on a baking sheet. Chill for 15 minutes.
6. Pour the filling into the flan case and bake in a preheated oven, 190°C/375°F, for 45 minutes, until pale golden in colour.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2588 Calories from Fat 1195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g208.8%
Saturated Fat 76.5 g382.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1304.5 mg434.8%
Sodium 278.6 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 302 g100.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.6 g106.2%
Sugars 98.5 g
Protein 51 g101.7%
Vitamin A 122% Vitamin C 234.2%
Calcium 52.3% Iron 74.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet