Cherry Custard Tart
|Pastry/1/2 10- to 11-ounce package piecrust mix||1 (For 9 Inch 1-Crust Pie)|
|Dry beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dark sweet cherries||1 Pound|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Almond liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare pastry for 1-crust pie. On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll pastry into round 1 inch larger than 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Line tart pan with pastry; trim pastry edge even with top of pan.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line pastry with foil, pressing foil onto bottom and up side. Place dry beans evenly over foil to prevent pastry from puffing up and shrinking while baking. Bake crust 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove foil with beans (save for similar use another day); set tart shell in pan on wire rack. Turn oven control to 350°F.
3. Meanwhile, remove pits from cherries.
4. In large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, beat eggs with remaining ingredients until blended. Place cherries in tart shell. Place tart shell on oven rack; pour egg mixture over cherries. Bake tart 30 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean
5. Cool tart slightly in pan on wire rack. Remove side of pan.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2886 Calories from Fat 887
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154.5%
Saturated Fat 49.4 g246.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 881.1 mg293.7%
Sodium 866.5 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 403 g134.2%
Dietary Fiber 102 g407.9%
Sugars 148.3 g
Protein 107 g215%
Vitamin A 73.4% Vitamin C 70.8%
Calcium 88.9% Iron 179.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet