Three Berry Tart
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Pint, hulled|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare and bake 10-inch Tart Shell as directed; cool.
2. In blender at medium speed or in food processor with knife blade attached, blend 1 pint strawberries until smooth to make about 1 1/2 cups puree.
3. In 2-quart saucepan, stir water and sugar. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over mixture; let stand 1 minute to soften gelatin slightly. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar and gelatin completely dissolve. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in strawberry puree. Refrigerate about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
4. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. With rubber spatula or wire whisk, fold strawberry mixture into whipped cream. Evenly spread mixture in cooled Tart Shell. Refrigerate dessert 1 hour or until mixture is set.
5. Slice remaining 1/2 pint strawberries. On strawberry layer in Tart Shell, arrange blueberries, raspberries, and sliced strawberries.
6. Prepare glaze: In small saucepan over low heat, heat currant jelly and lemon juice until jelly melts. Brush fruit with jelly mixture; refrigerate dessert about 15 minutes longer to set glaze (if fruit is placed on dessert too early, fruit will become watery). Carefully remove side from pan and place dessert on serving plate.