Grape And Kiwifruit Tart
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Almond flavor liqueur/1/2 teaspoon almond extract||2 Tablespoon|
|Seedless green grapes/Red grapes||1⁄2 Pound|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple jelly||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare and bake 10-inch Tart Shell as directed; cool.
2. While Tart Shell is baking, prepare filling: In heavy 2-quart saucepan, stir sugar, flour, gelatin, and salt. In medium-sized bowl, beat eggs and egg yolk with milk; stir into sugar mixture; let stand 1 minute to soften gelatin slightly. Cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats a spoon (do not boil or mixture will curdle). Remove saucepan from heat; stir in almond-flavor liqueur or almond extract. Refrigerate about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
3. Meanwhile, cut each grape lengthwise in half. Peel and thinly slice kiwifruit. Set grapes and kiwifruit aside.
4. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. With rubber spatula or wire whisk, fold whipped cream into custard. Evenly spoon custard into cooled tart shell. Arrange grapes, cut side down, and kiwifruit on custard to make an attractive design.
5. In small saucepan over medium heat, melt apple jelly, stirring occasionally. With pastry brush, carefully brush fruit with melted jelly. Refrigerate tart 1 hour or until filling is completely set.