|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Food coloring||1 Teaspoon|
1. In 2 qt. glass dish combine sugar, vinegar and water and microwave at high for 8-10 minutes, stirring after 6 minutes.
2. Measure temperature at 280 °F. (soft crack) and add vanilla.
3. Divide equally on 3 well-buttered glass plates and let it cool until warm.
4. Grease hands and pull, working in food coloring until taffy dulls (it will be too stiff to pull).
5. Twist into rope and cool.
6. Pound with knife into small pieces and serve.