Rocky Mountain Oysters Asian Taco Recipe Style
|Rocky mountain oysters||4 Pound|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Regular salt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1 Liter|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic granules||4 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Dash|
|Garlic||7 Clove (35 gm)|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1⁄4 , chopped|
|Sesame tahini||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon grass||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Basil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Regular salt||To Taste|
1. Rinse and clean the Rocky Mountain Oysters. Use a sharp knife to skin the Oysters and get the flesh.
2. In a large bowl, add salt and sugar. Place the Rocky Mountain Oysters and pour in water to cover.
3. Place the bowl inside refrigerator to marinate the Oysters for at least 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours remove from fridge and rinse the oysters again in fresh water. Discard the water.
5. Pour in cold fresh whole milk over the Oysters until they are fully covered.
6.Place the bowl back inside refrigerator for another 2 hours.
7..After 2 hours, remove Oysters from milk and rinse them again.
8. In a large pot of water, put the oysters. Place over heat and bring the water to a boil.
9. Reduce heat to a slow boil/simmer and parboil the oysters for 6 minutes.
10. Transfer the oyesters in cold water to stop the cooking process.
11. On a cutting board, place the oysters and slice into rounds about 1/4 inch or thinner.
12. In one bowl, pour in milk. In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and garlic granules together and whisk well.
13.Place a deep saute pot over heat and add vegetable oil. The oil temperature should reach to 400 degrees when ready.
14. Take the oyster slices first to dip in milk and then to roll into the flour mixture.
15. Deep fry the coated oysters in hot oil, until golden brown and the slices start to float.
16.In a blender or food processor, add chilies, garlic, sugar, ginger, Tahina, lemon and lime zest along with 1 cup of the olive oil. Blend the ingredients thoroughly until smooth.
17. Add basil and cilantro and blend slowly adding the remainder of olive oil until the consistency is thick enough.
18. Season with salt and pepper as per taste and then optionally stir in 2 Tbsp. of Sambal sauce.
19.Prepare the taco by using a stack of pan fried or toasted/grilled corn tortillas. Use red onion slivers/dice, diced cucumber, sliced and seeded chilies, some basil leaves, romaine lettuce sliced and chopped cilantro to fill in along with fried oyster slices. Spread Asian pesto sauce on top to serve.