Cilantro Lime Tilapia Tacos
|Tilapia||4 Pound, boneless/skinless|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Canned black beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Coriander||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Red pepper||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Low fat mexican style cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Cotija cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Taco fixings||2 Tablespoon (pieces of red onion, tomato, low fat mexican style cheese, cotija cheese, a little avocado flesh)|
1. To prepare the marinade, in a blender blend roughly chopped cilantro, lime extract and canola oil.
2. Cut the tilapia into bite sized pieces and add into a bowl.
3. Add salt and marinade mixture and mix with a spoon.
4. In a plastic container empty a can of rinsed and drained black beans, coriander, red pepper, little salt and white pepper and mix.
5. Place in the microwave oven at high with cover for about 2 to 3 minutes, then stir and continue cooking for 30 seconds more until nice and hot.
6. In a nonstick pan add a little oil, add the marinated fish and sauté for about 5 minutes or until done.
7. Heat tortillas on a stove top and place on a serving plate.
8. Spoon over beans and then the cooked fish pieces with cooked sauce.
9. Top with pieces of red onion, tomato, low fat Mexican style cheese, cotija cheese and a little avocado flesh and serve.
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76 mg25.3%
Sodium 728.6 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 37 g73.5%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet