Blue Corn Chickpea Tacos
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice/Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fine salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram/Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned chickpeas||15 Ounce, drained and rinsed (1 can)|
|Taco shells||3 (blue corn)|
|Tomato||1 , diced (salad)|
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Whisk soy sauce, juice, and spices together, then combine with chickpeas in a bowl, stirring to combine.
4. Transfer to cookie sheet in a single layer.
5. Spray with cooking spray and bake for 20 to 40 minutes, until chickpeas are as crisp as desired.
6. Spoon chickpeas into taco shells and top with greens and tomatoes.
Nutritional Information: Calories 59; Calories from Fat 6; Total Fat 0.7g; Cholesterol 0mg; Total Carbohydrate 10.6g; Dietary Fiber 0.6g; Sugars 2.7g; Protein 3.1g
This recipe was excerpted from The Happy Herbivore. To purchase the book, visit www.amazon.com.