Soft Taco Casserole
|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|8 inch flour tortillas||5 , if necessary, trim to fit dish|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce|
|Canned refried beans||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a saucepan, brown the meat and drain off the fat.
4. Add taco seasoning and 1-cup water; cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, to blend flavors and cook off most of the liquid; ensure that the meat is quiet moist.
5. Layer the baking dish with half of the ground beef, 1 tortilla, half of the cheese, 1 tortilla, half of the beans, 1 tortilla.
6. Then layer remaining ground beef, 1 tortilla, remaining beans, 1 tortilla and remaining cheese.
7. Spread salsa over top.
8. Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes or until heated through.
9. Serve the dish hot and sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.