Soft Taco Casserole
|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|8 inch flour tortillas||5 , if necessary, trim to fit dish|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce|
|Canned refried beans||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a saucepan, brown the meat and drain off the fat.
4. Add taco seasoning and 1-cup water; cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, to blend flavors and cook off most of the liquid; ensure that the meat is quiet moist.
5. Layer the baking dish with half of the ground beef, 1 tortilla, half of the cheese, 1 tortilla, half of the beans, 1 tortilla.
6. Then layer remaining ground beef, 1 tortilla, remaining beans, 1 tortilla and remaining cheese.
7. Spread salsa over top.
8. Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes or until heated through.
9. Serve the dish hot and sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.2%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g76.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.8 mg32.6%
Sodium 2197.3 mg91.6%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 35 g70.2%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 45.2% Iron 57%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet