Banana Soft Tacos
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), twice|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten|
|Egg yolks||2 Large, beaten|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Packed brown sugar||10 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grand marnier||1 Tablespoon|
|Bananas||3 Medium, peeled, sliced 1/2 inch thick|
|Strawberries||1⁄2 Pint, washed and stemmed|
1) In a bowl, add flour, sugar, salt. Add in milk, eggs and egg yolks one by one. Mix well.
2) Add in melted butter and cognac. Mix and set aside for about 20 minutes.
3) In a 8-inch saute pan, add a little butter over medium flame.
4) Pour in 2 tablespoons of the cognac batter. Move the pan around to spread the batter. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side till light brown. Flip the crepe and cook the other side for 2 minutes. Repeat the process to make about 16 crepes. Freeze any remaining batter for later use.
5) Arrange the crepes in a stack with wax paper between each to avoid them from sticking to each other.
6) In a saucepan, add butter and cook 1/2 cup of brown sugar until it dissolves to become a smooth syrup.
7) Add in orange juice and Grand Marnier. Turn down the heat to low, stirring the syrup for about 5 minutes.
8) Take the pan off the flame, add in sliced bananas and stir gently so that the bananas get a little glaze. Separate the banana slices and the glaze.
9) Slice half the amount of strawberries into 1/2-inch cubes. Keep aside.
10) In a blender, add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar along with the other half of the strawberries. Get a well-blended puree.
11) Add the puree over the diced strawberries and mix well.
12) Place about 8 slices of the banana on the centre of each crepe. Roll up the crepe loosely.
13) On individual oven-safe serving plates, place two rolled-up crepes in the centre. Brush them with a little banana glaze.
14) Place the crepes under a preheated broiler for about 2 minutes or until browned.
15) Garnish the broiled crepes with banana slices and the strawberry puree on the side.
16) Serve warm with the papaya salad on the side.