Pronto Taco Bake
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Taco seasoning||1 1⁄8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole kernel corn||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Corn muffin mix||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Brown the meat in a skillet and drain.
3) Add the taco seasoning, corn, water, green pepper and tomato sauce. Stir well.
4) Into a 12x71/2x2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, pour the mixture.
5) In a different bowl, make the corn muffin mix as per the directions on the package. Add Â¼ cup of green onions.
6) Spoon the prepared mixture around the casseroleâ€™s outer edge.
7) Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
8) Top with cheese and the remaining onions and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
9) Serve the casserole hot on a serving platter.