Pronto Taco Bake
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Taco seasoning||1 1⁄8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole kernel corn||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Corn muffin mix||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Brown the meat in a skillet and drain.
3) Add the taco seasoning, corn, water, green pepper and tomato sauce. Stir well.
4) Into a 12x71/2x2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, pour the mixture.
5) In a different bowl, make the corn muffin mix as per the directions on the package. Add Â¼ cup of green onions.
6) Spoon the prepared mixture around the casseroleâ€™s outer edge.
7) Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
8) Top with cheese and the remaining onions and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
9) Serve the casserole hot on a serving platter.
Calories 1118 Calories from Fat 382
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.3%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.3 mg60.4%
Sodium 2962.9 mg123.5%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.9%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 71 g142.4%
Vitamin A 65.1% Vitamin C 99.9%
Calcium 72.7% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet