Vegan Mexican Taco Burger
|Vegetarian ground burger||12 Ounce, crumbled|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Mild chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
Mexican Taco Burger:
1. Take a skillet to warm over stovetop and add the oil to it. Now put the finely chopped onion and bell pepper into the skillet to saute. Add oregano, cumin, paprika and chili powder (optional) to the skillet. Saute till the onions turn to look clear.
2. Add the crumbled ground burger to this mixture and cook for another couple of minutes. You can also use crumbled tofu instead of the ground burger.
Tacos and Taquitos:
1. Warm the tortillas on a griddle or inside the microwave. You can also steam them to make nice and soft.
2. Spray a baking sheet with oil spray. Take one tortilla to fill with couple of tablespoons of mexican taco burger filling. Fold the tortilla in half to make the tacos. To prepare the taquitos, roll the tortilla after having the filling inside.
3. Lightly spray on these tacos and taquitos and put the tray inside the oven at 400F for 15-20 minutes. Keep watching to make sure they do not burn. When the tacos and taquitos are done, they will become nicely brown and crispy.
4. Garnish the tacos with freshly chopped lettuce,tomatoes and sour cream or wackamole. The taquitos can be served with little bit of dressing on top like wackamole or sour cream.
Calories 1290 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.8%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1293.5 mg53.9%
Total Carbohydrates 230 g76.7%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.8%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 53 g105.3%
Vitamin A 37.4% Vitamin C 61.6%
Calcium 88.6% Iron 102.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet