Recipe for vegan tacos and taquitos as shown on Let's Cook Together on 3ABN.
Vegetarian ground burger
12 Ounce, crumbled
1⁄2 Medium, chopped
Green bell pepper
1⁄2 , chopped
Mild chili powder
Mexican Taco Burger:
1. Take a skillet to warm over stovetop and add the oil to it. Now put the finely chopped onion and bell pepper into the skillet to saute. Add oregano, cumin, paprika and chili powder (optional) to the skillet. Saute till the onions turn to look clear.
2. Add the crumbled ground burger to this mixture and cook for another couple of minutes. You can also use crumbled tofu instead of the ground burger.
Tacos and Taquitos:
1. Warm the tortillas on a griddle or inside the microwave. You can also steam them to make nice and soft.
2. Spray a baking sheet with oil spray. Take one tortilla to fill with couple of tablespoons of mexican taco burger filling. Fold the tortilla in half to make the tacos. To prepare the taquitos, roll the tortilla after having the filling inside.
3. Lightly spray on these tacos and taquitos and put the tray inside the oven at 400F for 15-20 minutes. Keep watching to make sure they do not burn. When the tacos and taquitos are done, they will become nicely brown and crispy.
4. Garnish the tacos with freshly chopped lettuce,tomatoes and sour cream or wackamole. The taquitos can be served with little bit of dressing on top like wackamole or sour cream.
You don't really have to fly to Mexico to savor the best vegan Mexican taco burger. Hearty, inexpensive, and highly comforting, Maria Jose Ronquillo tell you how to prepare easy vegan tacos at home a la the Mexican style. Prepared using the freshest of ingredients, this ones truly a win win delicacy.