|Head of lettuce||1⁄2|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Frozen chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Taco sauce||8 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Tortilla chips||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese/Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Package, 1 Cup)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Tablespoon (If You Like)|
|Taco sauce||1 Tablespoon (If You Like)|
1. Rinse the lettuce under cold running water. Separate it into leaves. Put it on paper towels to drain. Pat it dry with more paper towels. Tear it into bite-size pieces. Save until Step 5.
2. Use your hands to break up the ground beef as you put it in the skillet. Add the onion. Put the skillet on the burner. Turn burner to medium-high. Cook, stirring with the wooden spoon, till there is no pink color left in the meat. Turn off the burner. Remove the skillet from burner.
3. Place the colander over the mixing bowl. Spoon the meat mixture into the colander. Let the fat drain into the bowl. Spoon the meat and onion back into the skillet. Put the fat in a container to throw away.
4. Stir the tomato sauce and jar of taco sauce into the meat mixture. Put the skillet back on the burner. Turn the burner to medium-high. Cook till bubbly. Turn the burner to low. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or till the mixture is thick. Stir now and then. Turn off the burner. Remove the skillet from the burner.
5. Arrange tortilla chips on the plates. Arrange lettuce over chips. Spoon the meat mixture over the lettuce. Sprinkle the meat mixture with cheese. Spoon sour cream and more taco sauce on top, if you like.