A very simple chocolate syrup recipe that can be used for chocolate milk, hot chocolate or a topping for ice cream. This has no corn syrup or other additives that you might not desire that a lot of supermarket chocolate syrups contain. Adapted from Pinterest.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), unsweetened
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. In a small saucepan, add sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk together gently.
2. Add water. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce heat and cook for 1 minute, while stirring.
4. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Cool.
5. Store in the refrigerator.
6. Use it to top ice creams or as desired.