Custard With Caramel Syrup
|Dark brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In a non-stick pan, cook brown sugar and water until thick syrup is formed.
3) Pour evenly into the bottom of 8 custard cups. Turn the cups to coat the caramel on sides of cup.
4) In a bowl beat together eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and salt until light, then beat in the coconut cream gradually.
5) Pour the mixture evenly into custard cups.
6) Place the cups in a shallow pan, half filled with hot water.
7) Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until the custard is firm.
8) Run a knife around the sides and turn out.
9) Serve in individual dessert plate, garnish with freshly grated coconut if desired.
While the custard is cooking in oven check once, for water in the pan and add more if required.