Parsnip And Maple Syrup Cake
|Butter||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Demerara sugar||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Maple syrup||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Self rising flour||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Parsnips||9 Ounce, peeled (250 Gram)|
|Apple||1 Medium, peeled|
|Pecans||2 Ounce, roughly chopped (50 Gram)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Grease two 2 x 20cm sandwich tins and line with baking paper. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter, sugar, and maple syrup. Once the mixture is melted, cool it completely before use.
4. Whisk eggs in to the cooled mixture
5. Add flour, baking powder, and mixed spices.
6. Once the flour is mixed in, add grated parsnip, apple, chopped pecans, orange zest and juice
7. Divide the mixture into two parts and pour it into the prepared sandwich tins for baking in the preheated oven.
8. Bake for 25-30 mins until the tops are slightly springy to the touch.
9. Cool the cakes in the tin and turn out onto wire racks.
10. Prepare a filling of mascarpone cheese and maple syrup. Spread this over one cake and sandwich with the other
11. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.