|White stock/White stock + milk||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Drop|
|Cream||2 Tablespoon (Thick OR Thin)|
1) In a bowl of cold water, soak the sweetbreads for about 1 hour.
2) Transfer the sweetbreads into a saucepan. Cover the pan with enough cold water. Let the water come to a boil.
3) Drain the sweetbreads. Discard the water.
4) Transfer the sweetbreads back into the pan. Pour in the white stock or stock and milk along with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5) Cook the sweetbreads over a low flame for about 20 minutes.
6) With a slotted spoon, remove the sweetbreads onto a wooden board. Peel the skin off the sweetbreads.
7) In a bowl, make a smooth paste out of mixing flour and a tablespoon of oil.
8) Add the paste into the stock. Let the stock come to a boil and thicken at the same time.
9) Lastly, add in the cream. Stir to mix.
10) Transfer the sweetbread back into the thickened sauce. Cook till all it heats up thoroughly.
11) Garnish the Creamed Sweetbreads with a generous sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 521 mg173.7%
Sodium 568 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.8%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 37 g74.8%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet