Fried Sweetbreads Appetizer
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Crisp breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for frying)|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) In a bowl of cold water, soak the sweetbreads for about 1 hour.
2) Transfer the sweetbreads into a saucepan. Cover the pan with enough cold water. Let the water come to a boil.
3) Drain the sweetbreads. Discard the water.
4) Transfer the sweetbreads back into the pan. Add in enough water along with a pinch of salt. Cook over low flame for about 20 minutes.
5) Drain and skin the sweetbreads. Press them gently in between two plates to remove excess water.
6) Brush the top of the breads with an egg. Dredge the sweetbreads in a plateful of crisp breadcrumbs.
7) In a pan, melt butter. Add in the sweetbreads and fry them till light golden brown on both sides.
8) Transfer the sweetbreads onto paper towels to drain.
9) Serve the Fried SweetBreads garnished with chopped parsley. Place a bowl of tartare sauce on the side.