Creamed Sweetbreads Olivero
Onions - 1/2 cup, sliced
Garlic- 1 medium, minced
Margarine or butter - 2 tablespoons
Condensed cream of mushroom soup - 1 can (10 3/4 ounces)
Milk - 1/3 cup
Canned tomatoes - 1/3 cup, chopped
Stuffed olives - 1/4 cup, sliced
Rice - cooked
1. In a saucepan mix 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 quart water.
2. Put the saucepan over high heat and let the mixture boil.
3. Add sweetbreads in the boiling mixture.
4. Cover the saucepan and cook the mixture for 20 minutes over low heat.
5. Drain the excess liquid and slowly remove the membranes.
6. Make small cubes from the sweetbread.
7. Take a saucepan and brown the sweetbreads.
8. Add onion and garlic in butter and cook till it gets tender.
9. Pour milk, soup, olives and tomatoes.
10.Heat the mixture and keep stirring so that it doesn't get burnt.
11. Serve creamed sweetbreads olivero over hot rice.