Sweetbreads With Chanterelle And Kiwi Fruit
|Lamb sweetbreads||1 Pound, halved (450 Gram)|
|Light stock||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Riesling||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Chanterelle mushrooms||3 Ounce, halved (75 Gram)|
|Kiwi fruit||6 Ounce, skinned (Two 75 Gram Pieces)|
|Chopped fresh chives||15 Milliliter (1 Level Tablespoon)|
1. Rinse the halved sweetbreads and put in a heatproof ring mould, dish or casserole. To prevent them from splitting during cooking, pierce each sweetbread portion in several places.
2. Add the stock, wine, parsley stalks and peppercorns and cover with cling film or a lid. Microwave on HIGH for 9-10 minutes or until firm and tender.
3. Strain the contents of the dish through a colander or sieve, keeping aside the sweetbreads and discarding the parsley stalks. Reserve the cooking liquor and return it to the dish and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 5 minutes or until it is well reduced and syrupy.
4. Add the cream and chanterelles and stir gently. Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for 2 minutes, giving the dish a quarter turn halfway through cooking time.
5. Put the sweetbreads back into the dish and add one kiwi fruit, sliced thinly, and the chives. Microwave again, uncovered, for a final minute or until heated thoroughly.
6. Serve with the remaining kiwi fruit, sliced into segments, as a garnish. Accompany with light crusty French bread, herbed rice or stir-fried noodles.