Fried Sweetbreads And Mushrooms
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||3⁄4 Pint|
|Butter||2 Ounce (For Frying)|
|Mushrooms||3 Ounce, sliced|
1) A day before cooking, soak the sweetbread for an hour in salted water. Drain, rinse and then place in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and drain once again.
2) From the sweetbreads, trim away the fat or loose tissues, if any, and place in the saucepan once again, this time covering with the stock.
3) Bring to a boil once again and gently cook over low heat for about 3/4 to 1 hour or till the sweetbreads have softened. Drain and allow to cool overnight, pressed between two plates and a heavy weight.
4) When ready to be cooked, cut the sweetbreads into slices of 1-inch each. Coat with flour or dip in beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
5) In hot butter, fry the coated sweetbreads till they have browned on both the sides.
6) Move the cooked sweetbreads to a hot plate and keep warm.
7) Cook the mushrooms in hot butter.
8) Serve the sweetbreads and mushrooms hot with a lemon wedge.