Sweetbreads And Mushrooms On Skewers
|Calf's sweetbreads||8 Ounce|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Pint|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon juice/Vinegar||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Thin rashers streaky bacon||3|
|Butter||1 Ounce, melted|
1) Under cold running water, rinse and clean the sweetbreads.
2) Into a saucepan, measure the water, salt and lemon juice and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Add the cleaned sweetbreads and cook gently over low flame for about 45 minutes or till tender. Drain and at once put in cold water to harden for about 15 minutes.
4) Drain once again and take out the membrane and skin. Cut the sweetbreads into thick pieces and wrap each piece with a piece of the trimmed bacon rasher.
5) Place onto th eskewers, alternating with mushrooms and brush with the melted buter.
6) Place the skewers under a moderate grill for about 6 minutes. Keep turning to cook evenly.
7) Serve immediately.
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g33%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.4 mg27.8%
Sodium 1025.1 mg42.7%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 42 g84.8%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet