Sweetbreads With Beurre Noisette
|Sweetbreads||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|White wine vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Veal stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Clarified butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Seasoned flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Place sweetbreads in cold water for 1 hour. Change water several times to remove traces of blood.
2) In the last 1/2 hour add 1 tablespoon vinegar to fresh cold water and soak the sweetbreads.
3) Scrape and slice carrot.
4) Wash and slice celery.
5) In a pan put fresh cold water and sweetbreads and bring to boil.
6) Turn off heat and take out sweetbreads. Cool under running water.
7) Discard black veins and pull as much thin skin around them without tearing the sweetbreads.
8) Wrap sweetbreads in cheesecloth and place in refrigerator between two weighted plates or wooden boards to flatten them.
9) Place sweetbreads in a pan. Cover in 1 inch stock.
10) Add carrot, celery, bay leaf, thyme, and peppercorns.
11) Cook over low heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
12) Take out sweetbreads and strain the stock through a fine sieve. Place sweetbreads to the stock and let cool.
13) Take out sweetbreads and dry on a dish towel.
14) In a small pan heat remaining vinegar and boil till it reduces by two-thirds.
15) In another pan, heat clarified butter. As it browns add vinegar.
16) Add salt and freshly ground pepper.
17) With a knife, cut sweetbreads into thick slices.
18) Dust seasoned flour over it and coat lightly.
19) In a heavy skillet melt unsalted butter and olive oil together over moderate heat.
20) Cook sweetbreads for about 3 minutes on each side till light brown.
21) Place sweetbread slices to a heated serving. Pour brown butter over it.
22) Sprinkle chopped parsley and serve immediately. Garnish with wedges of lemon. Serve with rice and cucumber au gratin.