Broiled Sweetbreads A La Reich
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toast||4 (Thin Squares)|
|Tarragon vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash and clean the sweetbreads and soak in water.
2. Pat them dry before cooking.
3. Preheat oven to 350°
4. Sift the flour and season with Accent and salt.
5. Dredge the sweetbreads with the seasoned flour.
6. Arrange the sweetbreads in a baking dish.
7. Drizzle the melted butter over them and sprinkle paprika.
8. Place in the preheated oven and broil until golden brown on both sides.
9. Remove sweetbreads onto a platter.
10. Into the drippings in the pan, stir the tarragon vinegar and the Worcestershire sauce.
11. Heat the sauce over a gentle flame.
12. On 4 dinner plates, arrange 2 sweetbreads on each toast square.
13. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of the chopped capers.
14. Spoon the sauce on top and serve immediately.