|Sweetbreads||6 (3 Pairs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
1. Soak the sweetbreads in ice water one hour. Drain and place in boiling water to cover. Add the lemon juice and simmer ten minutes. Drain and cool immediately in ice water. Remove all the connective and covering tissues.
2. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
3. In a flameproof casserole, melt the butter. Add the onion, carrot, bay leaf, thyme and parsley and cook slowly until the onion is golden.
4. Sprinkle the mixture with the flour, add the sweetbreads, wine, stock, salt and pepper and heat to simmering.
Cover and transfer to the oven.
Bake twenty minutes.
Uncover and bake ten minutes longer.
5. Transfer the sweetbreads to a platter. Stir the sherry into the liquid in the casserole and strain over the sweetbreads.