Caramel Walnut Sundae
|For caramel sauce|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
|Walnut halves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
1. In a small, heavy skillet, make Caramel Sauce by combining together sugar, corn syrup and 1/4 cup water.
2. Place the pan on heat and stir constantly, just until sugar dissolves.
3. Further, cook over very low heat (mixture should just barely bubble), uncovered, 30 to 40 minutes or until a light-amber color. Do not stir. Syrup should not be dark.
4. Remove the pan from heat.
5. Allow the syrup to cool slightly-€”about 5 minutes.
6. In syrup add 1 cup cream, slowly, stirring constantly until syrup is smooth. Let the mixture cool.
7. In each 6 chilled sherbet glasses, place a scoop of ice cream to make sundaes.
8. Cut wafers in half. Insert 6 halves into each scoop of ice cream.
9. Place walnut halves between wafers.
10. Top each sundae with 1 or 2 tablespoons Caramel Sauce.
11. Sprinkle whipped cream and walnut half on top.
12. Serve caramel walnut sundae chilled, passed with remaining sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6695 Calories from Fat 3232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 358 g550.4%
Saturated Fat 194.6 g973.2%
Trans Fat 14.3 g
Cholesterol 909.5 mg303.2%
Sodium 1771.6 mg73.8%
Total Carbohydrates 824 g274.7%
Dietary Fiber 29.5 g118.1%
Sugars 482.4 g
Protein 70 g139.6%
Vitamin A 185.8% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 206% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet