Hong Kong Sundae Topping
|Canned mandarin oranges||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned pineapple in juice||8 1⁄2 Ounce, crushed (1 Can, With Liquid)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Kumquats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced, preserved|
1. Drain oranges, reserving 1/4 cup of syrup and in a saucepan combine the syrup with cornstarch.
2. With its liquid stir in the pineapple, the marmalade and the ginger and cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture thickens and bubbles.
3. Then stir in the oranges and kumquats.
4. For making Hong Kong Sundae, pour a little of the sauce, warm or cold over ice milk.
5. Serve chilled with the desired garnish.