Betty's Hot Fudge Sundae
|For fudge sauce|
|Cocoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (light or dark)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as many scoops needed)|
|Whipped topping||To Taste|
|Chopped nuts||To Taste|
|Maraschino cherries||To Taste (Optional)|
1. In a large pot, mix together cocoa, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, and cornstarch.
2. Pour water and mix to combine. Place the pot over medium heat, stir until well-mixed and bring it to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low, and cook until the mixture reaches 200 degrees when measured with candy thermometer or until it reaches a consistency of thick cream.
4. Remove pot from heat and add butter and vanilla. Mix well and allow it to cool.
5. In a dessert dish, place 2 (or more) scoops of vanilla ice cream and ladle hot fudge sauce over the top, as desired.
6. Top with whipped topping, chopped nuts, maraschino cherries and serve immediately.
You may store leftover hot fudge sauce in a bottle with a screw-on lid for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator.
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.8 mg10.3%
Sodium 68.8 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.4%
Sugars 70.7 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 0.48%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet