Brown Sugar Sauce
Brown sugar sauce is a dessert sauce, prepared by using brown sugar. This sauce is also known as brown sugar vanilla sauce.
Brown sugar sauce is served over puddings and cakes. The sauce can remain fresh for about a week or ten days if it is kept refrigerated and stored in airtight containers.
Ingredients and Preparation
- Ingredient – Butter, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, milk, brandy, and vanilla extract are required to make this sauce.
- Method of Preparation – Flour and sugar are combined together and cooked with melted butter until the mixture is moistened. Milk is added to the mixture and cooked until it thickens. Vanilla and brandy are stirred into the mixture.
- Serving – The warm brown sugar sauce is served over freshly baked apple coffee cake.
Nutritive Value of Sauce
- Each serving of this sauce delivers 135 calories with 5.1 grams of fat and 14 mg of cholesterol.
Popular Brown Sugar Sauce Recipes
Following are some of the popular variants of brown sugar sauce which differ from their original recipe due to the choice of flavoring ingredients used in their preparation.
- Brown Sugar Balsamic Sauce – This sauce recipe was devised by Mayo Clinic and it is usually teamed with roasted turkey. This Italian vinegar-brown sugar sauce is prepared using ingredients like defatted pan drippings, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
- Brown Sugar Glazing Sauce – This sauce is used for glazing ham and it is prepared using ingredients like brown sugar, flour, prepared mustard or dry mustard, cinnamon, dry sherry, vinegar and water.
- Spicy Brown Sugar and Orange Butter Sauce – This savory sauce was initially served with corn but today it is teamed with lots of different vegetables. Unsalted butter, light brown sugar, orange juice, red pepper flakes, and salt are required to make this sauce.
- Brown Sugar Sauce – This is another variant of the original sauce which is prepared using ingredients like brown sugar, cornstarch, butter, salt, hot water and vanilla.
- Brown Sugar- Orange Sauce – This is a popular dessert sauce which is served over waffles and pancakes. It is prepared using ingredients like brown sugar, butter, and orange juice.
Dessert Brown Sugar Glazing Sauce – This sauce is used for glazing apple spice cake. It is prepared using ingredients like golden brown sugar, unsalted butter, whipping cream, vanilla extract, fresh lemon juice, and salt.
The sauce is served over apple spice cake.