In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Christmas Coconut Bonbons. These bonbons are made of butter, confectioner's sugar, sweetened condensed milk, pecans, and coconut, and then dipped in chocolate for a fantastic Christmas treat!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Sweetened condensed milk
7 Ounce (½ of a 14 ounce can)
3 1⁄2 Ounce
1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped
Semisweet chocolate chips
1 Ounce (Optional)
1. Line a shallow baking pan with waxed paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and confectioner's sugar. Mix well.
3. Add sweetened condensed milk, flaked coconut, and chopped pecans.
4. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place them on the baking pan. Pop the pan in refrigerator to chill for ½ to 1 hour.
5. In a double boiler, melt semisweet chocolate chips and paraffin (if desired).
6. Use a toothpick to dip balls in melted chocolate mixture and place them on the wax paper lined pan. Chill until ready to serve.
7. Serve chilled and enjoy!
These can be made ahead and frozen. Just thaw them for a couple of hours before serving them.