Soft Sugar Cookies
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||4 1⁄3 Cup (69.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Container Or 1 Cup, Land O Lakes Brand, Regular, Light Or No-Fat)|
|Colored sugars||1 Ounce|
1) Heat the oven to 400°.
2) In a mixer bowl, add sugar and butter.
3) Beat at medium speed, till the mix turns creamy.
4) Add in the eggs, vanilla and orange peel.
5) Continue beating till well mixed.
6) In another bowl, add combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
7) Lower beating speed.
8) Beat, alternating between flour mixture and sour cream.
9) Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and wrap in plastic food wrap.
10) Refrigerate till firm.
11) On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of dough at a time to a 1/4 -inch thickness.
12) Cut using a 3-inch cookie cutter.
13) On cookie sheets, arrange the cut out cookies, 1 inch apart.
14) Sprinkle with colored sugar or bake plain.
15) Place in oven for 6 to 9 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned.
16) Lightly dust with powdered cinnamon and serve.