Brown Sugar Braised Pork
|Boston butt pork roast||5 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (1 Can)|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Brush mustard over the pork.
3. Sprinkle brown sugar over it to coat.
4. In a Dutch oven brown pork.
5. Put the roast in a platter.
6. To the Dutch oven add onion and cook covered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Transfer meat to Dutch oven. Add broth and pepper to it.
8. Cover and boil
9. Take off from heat.
10. Bake for 1 hour.
11. Turn the roast over and insert meat thermometer without letting it touch bone or fat.
12. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours until thermometer registers 170°.
13. Keep pork in a serving platter.
14. In a bowl mix cornstarch and water. Stir until smooth. Keep aside.
15. In the Dutch oven boil the pan drippings. Add cornstarch mixture and stir.
16. Boil, cook and stir for 1 minute until thick.
17. Serve sauce over pork roast.