Brown Sugar Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sieved|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Walnut halves||3 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (plus extra for greasing)|
|Confectioners' sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs), sieved|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and butter. Cream well.
5. Add eggs and beat well.
6. Add milk, vinegar, vanilla and sieved ingredients and mix well using a rubber spatula.
7. Add walnuts and mix well.
8. Place spoonfuls, 2 inch apart, on greased baking tray and bake in pre heated oven for 15 minutes or till done.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 48 no-€™s.
10. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter.
11. Once butter changes colour to golden brown, remove from flame and add sugar. Mix well.
12. Add water and beat well till texture changes and frosting maintains shape.
13. Apply 2 teaspoons frosting on each cookie. You can alternatively pipe it on to the cookies.
14. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.