Brown Sugar Drops
|Soft shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), sieved|
|Buttermilk/Thick sour milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. Grease baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar, eggs and shortening. Mix well and add buttermilk.
4. Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
5. Cling wrap and refrigerate.
6. On greased tray, place spoonfuls of batter, ensuring each are 2 inches apart.
7. Bake in pre heated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till done.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
9. Transfer on to cookie jars and serve with warm milk.