Brown Sugar Sea Foam
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dark brown syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , stiffly beaten|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease a pan.
2. In a saucepan, combine sugar, syrup, water and salt together.
3. Cook this mixture over medium flame, stirring continually until sugar dissolves.
4. Boil the mixture until it reaches the soft ball stage.
5. Then, remove the pan from heat.
6. As soon as the mixture stops bubbling, pour a thin stream into egg whites, beating constantly.
7. Further, add vanilla and nuts.
8. When candy begins to thicken, pour it into a greased pan.
9. Allow it to set.
10. Cut into squares and serve.
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 34.3 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 59 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.38%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet