Molasses Sugar Cookies
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Light or Dark)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl cream together, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Now, add molasses, egg, and beat very well. Add flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt and mix well to make dough.
3. Allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator.
4. Using the chiled dough, shape into small balls about the size of walnuts. Roll in to granulated sugar.
5. Onto a greased baking sheet, place the balls at about 2 inches from each other. Flattening slightly fom the top with a fork.
6. In a preheated oven, bake the cookies at 200 degrees centigrade for about 10 to 15 minutes until slightly brown.
7. Allow it to cool on a wire rack.
8. Serve at room temperature.