Brown Sugar Slices
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Sieve flour with salt and baking powder.
2. Stir oil with brown sugar and granulated sugar to a smooth mixture. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and nuts.
3. Add to flour mixture and blend to be shaped into a ball. Shape the dough into a long toll of 2 inch diameter.
4. Place in a waxed paper or foil, wrap, and allow to chill for about 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 400° F.
6. Take out, slice into thin pieces, and arrange on a cookie sheet, greased lightly with oil.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until mildly brown.
8. Transfer to a cake rack, cool, and store in an airtight container.
9. Serve Brown Sugar Slices with hot ginger tea.