|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Sieve flour with baking powder, mace, and salt.
3. Beat oil with ½ cup sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla and beat for a light, fluffy mixture.
4. Add flour mixture and work in until the dough forms a ball.
5. Make small balls from the mixture and dip one side of each of the balls in a sugar-almond mixture.
6. Arrange on a cookie sheet, lightly greased with oil, 2 inches apart. Using fork tines, press them down firmly.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until pale brown.
8. Transfer to a cake rack, cool, and store in an airtight container.
9. Serve Sugar Balls with a fizzy drink of your choice or with any sparkling wine.