Black And Tans
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Melted butter/Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate squares||1 1⁄2 , melted|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Sift the flour once and set aside
3. Measure the flour and add baking powder, salt and sift the flour again
4. Add the sugar gradually to the egg while beating well
5. Add shortening and blend well
6. Add flour mixture to the pan
7. Turn Â¼ of the batter into a small bowl. Add coconut to the bowl and mix well.
8. Add the almond extract to the bowl
9. Add chocolate to the rest of the batter
10. Spread this mixture into a greased 8x8x2-inch pan.
11. Drop the coconut batter on to a greased baking sheet and spread carefully to form a thin layer
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
13. Cool on a wire rack and cut into squares
14. Serve warm or cool