Grandma's Sugar Cookies
|Butter||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Lard||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Decoration)|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 325Â°F (160Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the sugar, lard and butter together creaming them until they become fluffy and light.
3) Add the eggs one by one beating them thoroughly after adding each one.
4) Add the vanilla, sour cream, lemon rind, baking powder and baking soda, stirring them in together with the salt.
5) Add the flour to prepare a dough soft in consistency.
6) Refrigerate it for 1 hour.
7) Take a board and sprinkle flour on it.
8) Roll the dough out maintaining a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm).
9) Cut the dough into round shaped cookies.
10) Take a cookie sheet and butter it placing the cookies on it.
11) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes approximately or until they become pale golden in color.
12) Sprinkle with sugar while the cookies are hot and serve.