Sugar Plum Ring
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||17 1⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Candied red cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Grease a 10 inch tube pan.
3) Take 1/4 cup warm water and dissolve yeast in it.
4) Take a large bowl and combine milk, shortening, salt and sugar in it. Cool to lukewarm.
5) Add 1 cup flour and beat well.
6) Add eggs and the yeast mixture.
7) Add enough of the remaining flour to form soft dough.
8) Place dough in a greased bowl and turn the greased side up.
9) Cover and let rise for about 2 hours or until double un bulk.
10) Punch down and let stand for about 10 minutes.
11) Divide the dough into four parts.
12) Cut each part into 12 pieces and shape into balls.
13) Dip the balls in butter.
14) Combine cinnamon and 3/4 cup sugar. Roll the balls in mixture.
15) Arrange 1/3 of balls in the prepared pan.
16) Sprinkle with 1/3 of almonds and cherries around the balls.
17) Repeat the procedure twice.
18) Combine corn syrup with remaining butter and sugar mixture. Drizzle over top.
19) Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until double in bulk.
20) Bake for about 35 minutes.
21) Cool for about 5 minutes.
22) Invert the pan and serve ring on a large platter. Place a dollop of jelly and plum fruits in the middle, if desired.
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.7%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 55 mg18.3%
Sodium 242.3 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 39.6 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet