Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, combine and sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
2) Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the margarine with till the mix resembles bread crumbs.
3) Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix till well blended.
4) Refrigerate for at least one hour.
5) On a well-floured board or baking sheet, take small amount of dough at a time and roll to a thickness of about 1/8 inch.
6) Cut the cookies using a 4-inch floured cutter.
7) If using a board, then remove rounds and arrange on a baking sheet.
8) If dough is rolled on a baking sheet, then remove excess dough from around the cookies.
9) Dust with sugar and place in the oven at 375°F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, till browned around the edges.
10) Cool on a wire rack.
11) Serve with a hot cup of tea.