Sugar Dusted Wedding Cookies
|Salted butter||9 Ounce, softened (250 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground rice||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Plain flour||10 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Preserving sugar||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 before baking.
2. Take a large mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream in castor sugar, butter, vanilla and three egg yolks.
3. Add flour and ground rice and using your hands, blend all the dry ingredients thoroughly.
4. Divide the mixture into three equal portions.
5. Take 2 large greaseproof paper sheets, place each portion on each of the sheet and roll evenly into a thin, long sausage with 1 inch thickness.
6. Apply beaten egg lightly over the dough and scatter preserving sugar. Roll the dough for even coating.
7. Using a paper, wrap the dough and allow to chill for 30 to 40 min till firm.
8. With a sharp knife, make 20 to 30 small biscuits from each roll, arrange in baking trays lined with baking parchment.
9. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes for them to turn pale golden.
10. Allow to cool in the tray till firm.
11. Serve with a cup of hot cappuccino.
You can freeze well-wrapped dough for up to 2 months.
Baked cookies can be frozen for up to 30 days.
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.7 mg12.6%
Sodium 52 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.69%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet