Flaming Baked Alaska
|Ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Scoop)|
|Dessert sponge cake||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees
2. In several dessert cups, place dips of the ice cream and cover. Set aside to chill for several hours till cold.
3. Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar till frothy and add sugar to the mixture while beating. This will cause a thick stiff mix to form.
4. Cover the grapefruits with the meringue and then set aside to chill for ten minutes till cold.
5. After ten minutes, place in a hot oven and bake for 2 minutes till golden-brown and done.
6. Place cups on individual serving platter and pour warm brandy over. Flambé just before serving
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 169.3 mg56.4%
Sodium 420.7 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 76 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0.17%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet